In 2020, together with you, our friends and partners – we managed to raise the Crimean issue to a high level.
In 2020, the President of Ukraine introduced the Day of Resistance to the Occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the City of Sevastopol, which will be marked annually on February 26 and for the first time the President of Ukraine personally announced that the return of Crimea – is an indisputable part of our national idea.
Together in 2020, we responded to the challenges of the pandemic and, despite the complexity of the admission campaign, increased opportunities for young people from the Crimean peninsula. We have launched a chatbot for Crimeans and consultations through messengers, and we continue our work on expansion of online services. We recorded cases of human rights violations, abuses and international humanitarian law violations. We supported Crimean Tatar activists and the Orthodox Church of Ukraine in the occupied Crimea, who fight for the right to live and act in their homeland, we collected and passed information to sanctions lists, talked to diplomats from different countries, conducted dialogues on the Crimean issues between civil society and public authorities, supported the creation of the Crimean platform, cooperated with law enforcement agencies to record and investigate war and other serious crimes against our citizens during the occupation.
We worked together to develop a national model of transitional justice, because we believe that the only right path – is the path to peace and to Ukrainian flags from Evpatoria to Kerch, from Yalta to Yany Kapu.
We are grateful to everyone who was around in 2020 and wish You health, strength and inspiration for the next 2021!
- Office of the President of Ukraine
- State Border Guard Service of Ukraine
- Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Kherson Regional State Administration
- Kherson Border Detachment of the State Border Guard Service
- Ukrainian Institute of National Remembrance
- Prosecutor General’s office of Ukraine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine / MFA of Ukraine
- Ministry of Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories
- Prosecutor’s Office of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol
- Crimea_ SOS
- Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union – UHHRU
- Крымская правозащитная группа / Crimean Human Rights Group
- ZMINA. Human Rights Center
- Regional Center for Human Rights
This post is not about results of the year, but a message of gratitude. In January, we will prepare a year-end review and surely inform you about it.