Today, the Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the AR of Crimea took part at the meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights, Deoccupation and Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories in Donetsk, Luhansk Regions and Autonomous Republic of Crimea, National Minorities and Interethnic Relations/ Committee on Human Rights.
The Committee took into consideration the report of the Permanent Representative on the activity of the Mission for the period from July 2019 to the present day. The Mission’s leadership team sees great potential in cooperation with a specialized Parliamentary Committee in the directions:
- Support of the drafts law:
- on implementation of administrative procedure for determining facts of birth and death that have occurred in the TOT since 2014;
- regulating the status of prisoners (political prisoners) and guarantee their protection;
a package of bills to improve the investigation of crimes, committed in the TOT;
- on implementation of the rules if International Human and Criminal Laws at the number 2689;
- Parliamentary hearings on Crimea postponed due to COVID-19. The last such hearings were held in summer 2016.
- Creation of the “Crimea” Inter-factional Union (IFU Crimea) to consolidate the efforts of the People’s Deputies of the different factions and groups in the work aimed at the de-occupation of the Crimean peninsula.
- Presentation of the Concept of State Policy for the Protection and Restoration of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms in the Armed Conflict in Ukraine and Overcoming its Consequences (Concepts of Transitional Justice) and further joint work on relevant draft laws to implement transitional justice approaches.
- Holding of the regular meeting of the Human Rights Committee at the administrative border between Kherson Oblast and the AR of Crimea (the check point “Kalanchak”, as in February 2020. To make such a thematic meetings on Crimea a tradition for the Committee.