The law provides:
Administrative liability for:
- violation of sanitary rules and norms for the prevention of infectious diseases, provided by the Law of Ukraine “About protection of the populationagainst infectious diseases” and other acts, including the relevant decisions of the self-governmental bodies on preventing infectious diseases.
- Sanction: Article 443 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine on administrative responsibility provides penalty of 1,000 to 2,000 tax-free minimum incomes of citizens [UAH 17,000-34,000], imposed for violation of the rules and norms established with the aim of preventing epidemic and infectious diseases. The officials are imposed to 2,000 to 10, 000 tax-free minimum incomes of citizens [UAH 34,000 – 170 000].
- Criminal liability is increased for violation of sanitary rules and norms for the prevention of infectious diseases and other diseases if such violation resulted or might have resulted in the spread of such diseases.
Sanction: the Article 325 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine provides a penalty of 1,000 to 3,000 tax-free minimum incomes of citizens [UAH 17,000-54,000] which will be imposed for violation of the rules and norms established with the aim of preventing epidemic and infectious diseases, as well as mass non-communicable diseases, arrest for a period of six months, restriction or imprisonment for three years, if such actions led or could lead to the spread of the disease. COVID-19 coronavirus will be added to the list of such diseases.
- expedited purchases of goods, works and services needful for combating the COVID-19 virus through the agency of a simplified purchase procedure – without resorting to electronic tenders lasting over fifteen days
- set 100 per cent prepayment for such goods, works and services;
- the prices for medications, healthcare products and other goods are controlled by the Government;
Labor relations, state employment service during the quarantine in Ukraine
- during quarantine and restrictive measures related to the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the employer can provide the possibility of working at home for employees, government employees and employees of local governments and providing vacation by agreement;
- the owners of enterprises, organizations or other institutions can change the operating modes of bodies, institutions, enterprises, organizations, in particular, receiving and servicing individuals and legal entities with mandatory informing the population about this through websites and other communication tools;
- length of vacation without pay is not included in total period as pursuant to part 2 article 84 of the Labor Code of Ukraine and part 1 article 26 of the Law of Ukraine “About vacations”.
- the Government will ensure the adoption of legislative acts on registration of unemployed and unemployment benefits from the first day after submission of the application by the person seeking employment.
Declaration campaign 2020
- The person authorised to perform functions of the State or local self–government, s according to the Article 45 of the Law of Ukraine “On Prevention of Corruption” are obliged to file a declaration for the last year until 1 April. In 2020 the filling process was extended until 1 June for the declaration actors unable to file a declaration or report of significant changes in property due to imposition of quarantine restriction measures in their residential territory. Such persons are exempted from responsibility for late submission of such declaration.
Ensuring the IPRs’ rights during the quarantine in Ukraine
- For the period of quarantine and restrictive measures aimed to prevent the emerging and spread of the coronavirus infection (COVID-19) from March 18 until April 3 and 30 days later, it is imposed a ban for:
- the decision to cancel the certificate of incorporation of IDP based on long-term absence (more than 60 days) at the permanent place of residence which gives reasonable grounds to believe the person returned to the abandoned permanent place of residence.
- to stop current account expenditure transactions of IDPs with no need to verify.
- to monitor of social transfers of IDPs by place of their actual residence/stay
- From the day of the announcement of quarantine, the deadlines for the administrative services and other services, determined by the law of Ukraine are suspended. From the day of cessation of quarantine, the deadlines will be restarted considering the time elapsed since it stopped.
Housing and communal services
During the quarantine period or restrictive measures aimed to prevent the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)” and 30 days after its revocation there is a ban on :
- fines and penalties for non-payment of housing and communal services will not be charged;
- termination/suspension of housing and communal services to citizens of Ukraine in case of their non-payment or partial payment of the above services;
- forced evictions through non-payment for utilities services, forced recovery of private property of the citizens of Ukraine in case of enforcement of court decisions on recovery of debts for housing and communal services;
- forced eviction of citizens for late payment of housing and communal services in state, public and social housing;
- The Government will provide the development of legislative rules necessary to regulate social relations related to quarantine to submit the relevant draft laws to Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, particularly regarding prevention of termination of housing subsidies for the quarantine period or restrictive measures aimed to prevent the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)”, expansion of housing subsidy recipients as well as housing subsidy for the next period for all housings without exception, including those who received a subsidy in the previous period, without recourse.
Foreigners and stateless persons
During the quarantine period or restrictive measures aimed to prevent the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
- Foreigners and stateless persons that have not been able to apply to the territorial Units and Departments of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine and/or to exchange their permanent/temporary resident permits, will not be penalized for violation of the legislation on the legal status of the foreigners and stateless persons, IF such violations have occurred within the period of the quarantine.
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine established a list of the appropriate places of residence of foreigners and stateless persons, granted refugee status or obtaining those statuses to provide them additional protection including foreigners and stateless persons, staying illegally in Ukraine and there is the court’s decision to place them at the temporary residence of foreigners in case if such points are within the quarantine area.
State supervision and obligations
- During the quarantine period or restrictive measures aimed to prevent the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) there is a ban on:
- supervision (control) planned activities for the implementation of state supervision (control) in the field of economic activity;
- the Government will ensure the adoption of regulations by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, necessary for suspension of the obligation to fulfill the principal obligation, the execution of which is provided by the mortgage and to prevent the recovery of mortgage for the period of quarantine.